He always talks big. 他總是吹牛。 |
What is the color of your new book? 你的新書是什麽顏色的? |
The sooner the better. 越快越好。 |
Learn to say the fight thing at the fight time.學會在適當的時候說適當的話。 |
You』ve got to do something. 你一定要想辦法。 |
If you have more, please give me some. 如果你有多的,請給我。 |
I don』t have time. 我沒時間了。 |
Please make an appointment with my secretary. 請跟我秘書定個見面時間。 |
Come on. 來吧(趕快) |
我不想麻煩你。 I don't want to put you to any trouble. |
花錢憑沖動,等於無底洞。 Drift is as bad as unthrift. |
幼者難具長者智。 You cannot put old heads on young shoulders. |
你去哪兒了? Where have you been? |
逆境是好老師。 Adversity is a great schoolmaster. |
今天是五月二十一號。 Today is May 21st. |
言多必妄。 He that talks much lies much. |
生和死都無法治,只有享受兩者之間的間隔。 There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval. |
憐憫生愛。 Pity is akin to love. |
勞動創造人。 Labour created man himself. |
intensify v. 加強,加劇 |
shrewd a. 敏銳的,精明的;準確的 |
precipice n. 懸崖,峭壁 |
nominate sb. for 提名,推薦 |
toneless a. 單調的,沈悶的 |
delectable a. 使人愉快的;美味的 |
flourish v./n. 繁榮;揮舞;茂盛 |
brood n. 同窩幼鳥;一個家庭的孩子;vi. 孵幼雛;沈思 |